Beef and Beer Stew
1-1/2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
Kosher salt to taste
fresh ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 bottle beer, 12 ounces, good quality
1-1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon crushed dried rosemary
1 pinch dried dill week
2 medium red onions, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
1) Season the stew meat with salt and fresh ground pepper.
2) Dredge it in flour to coat.
3) Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
4) When the oil is hot, add the stew meat and cook until it is browned on all sides.
5) Turn as needed.
6) Remove the meat from the pot and set aside.
7) Add the garlic and onion to the pot and cook until clear and starting to brown, stirring
8) Return the meat to the pot.
9) Pour in the beer and water making sure to loosen any bits of food from the bottom of the pan,
10) Season with the dill, parsley, and rosemary.
11) Bring the mixture to a boil.
12) Simmer over low heat for 1-1/2 hours.