Rich Double Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes
by Kelsey Minton
I love making homemade brownies. I started off baking them from boxed mixes but recently decided to learn to make brownies from scratch. I found a really easy recipe in an old cookbook and afer making the brownies a few times, I started experimenting with different ingredients and substitutions. the following recipe is my final product and if I do say so myself, these brownies are delicious. they are chocolatey and moist. I enjoying making everything in individual cupcakes, but you coudl easily make these in a pan. Just adjust the cooking time a bit and make sure to watch them closely. When baking brownies, I take them out of the oven a little bit before they are done because they continue cooking while they cool off. This way they are never hard and over-done.
6 tablespoons cocoa powder
8 tablepoons unsalted butter
1 cup sugar in the raw
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
a hand-full of semi-sweet chocolate cips
confectioners sugar for topping
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees and place cupcake liners in pans.
2) In a medium-sized mixing bowl, melt butter and cocoa powder in microwave. Mix well. (This
takes about a minute in my microwave).
3) Stir in sugar, salt, vanilla, flour and then each egge, one at a time.
4) Throw in a hand-full of semi-sweet chocolate chip; fold in to batter.
5) Fill up each cupcake liner about half way.
6) Bake at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes. Time differs depending on the oven. At around
20 minutes, pull pan out and stick a fork in the middle brownie cupcake to check the batter. If
the fork comes out with just a little battter on it, go ahead and take out of them oven. If not,
leave them in longer and check every few minutes or so.
7) Once brownie cupcakes are done, take them out of the pan and place on cooling rack. While
cooling, sift a layer of confectioners sugar on top.
8) Enjoy with your family and friends.