Spiral Ham & Potato Soup
By Lauren Conforti
"Just A Pinch" website
We absolutely love a spiral-cut ham! Usually there's not much left to make anything out of, but this time I snatched it before too much was gone to make this soup :-) This soup is easy to throw together and has alot of flavor! You can also add corn to make this more of a chowder, if you like
3-4 cups meat from a spiral-cut ham, chunked
8 medium yukon potatoes, cut into bite-sized chunks
1/2 large yellow sweet onion, chopped
8 cups water
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 ladles full of potato flakes
1 can whole kernal corn, drained (optional)
2 cups broccoli florets (optional)
1) In a large stock pot, saute the onions in olive oil until translucent and starting to turn golden brown.
2) Add in the water, salt, pepper, and parsley.
3) Add in the potatoes and ham.
4) Bring to rolling boil for 10 minutes.
5) Add in the corn (if using), broccoli florets, and potato flakes (to thicken soup).
6) Lower heat and simmer until potatoes are soft and broth is creamy.
7) Note: Sometimes when I make this I don't use the broccoli florets, but I add it in when reheating
it for another meal. The soup tastes great either way.