Caesar Salad Recipe
by Wolfgang Puck
"Pizza, Pasta & More!" - Random House, 2000
- 1 egg yolk*
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 anchovy fillets, mashed
- Scant 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, cleaned and cut into 1 to 2-inch pieces
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 cups croutons
In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire, pepper flakes, mustard, and anchovies. Slowly whisk in the oils to emulsify. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Place the lettuce in a large bowl. Sprinkle with Parmesan and black pepper. Drizzle with desired amount of dressing and toss well. Sprinkle top with croutons.
* Raw Eggs *RAW EGG WARNING
Food Network Kitchens suggest caution in consuming raw and lightly cooked eggs due to the slight risk of salmonella or other food-borne illness. To reduce this risk, we recommend you use only fresh, properly refrigerated, clean grade A or AA eggs with intact shells, and avoid contact between the yolks or whites and the shell.